Women IN God's Service
The WINGS ministry at the NorthWest Church of Christ is connecting and growing women and their faith through service, fellowship, prayer, and study of God’s Word.
We hope you can find a ministry where you can use your individual talents and gifts to help others and to get to know other women in the congregation. Please join us by participating in the many spiritual and fellowship activities throughout the year in WINGS. If you are interesting in serving or would like to know more about WINGS, please contact one of the coordinators listed below.
Submit a prayer request to the WINGS Prayer Ministry.
The Coordinators for each of the ministries are:
- WINGS Coordinator – Deloris Flint
- Beautification Coordinator – Colleen Hale
- Kitchen and Pantry Coordinator – Shirley Long
How can I serve in the Kitchen and Pantry Ministry of the NorthWest Church of Christ?
1. Help organize and maintain the pantry
2. Help organize and maintain the kitchen
3. Serve in the kitchen during events
4. Inventory needs and replace items in the kitchen
- Ladies' Education Coordinators – Becky Lay, Elaine Lewis, Pat Morphew
How can I serve in the Women’s Education Ministry of the NorthWest Church of Christ?
1. Attend Ladies’ Bible Class on Tuesday mornings
2. Teach Ladies’ Bible Class
3. Plan or help plan events for Ladies’ Bible Class
4. Plan or help plan the curriculum for Ladies’ Bible Class
- Prayer Coordinators – Brenda Reinhard & Ann Underwood
How can I serve in the Prayer Ministry of the NorthWest Church of Christ?
1. Receive emails from the WINGS prayer ministry and pray for those requesting prayers
2. Submit prayers for yourself or others who request prayers
3. Help send out prayer requests to those on the prayer ministry email list
How can I serve in the Wedding and Baby Shower Ministry of the NorthWest Church of Christ?
1. Assist with wedding and baby showers by serving on a shower team for two months in a year
2. Lead a shower team for two months a year
- Special Events Coordinators – Gail Bryant, Vicki Hernandez
- Special Projects – Brenda Reinhard
How can I serve in Special Events Ministry of the NorthWest Church of Christ?
1. Help with the scheduling and planning of the special events for the women of
NorthWest Church of Christ (Activities might include retreats (weekends and one day
events), brunches/luncheons, game nights, outings, attending conferences, etc.)
2. Help find resources for the events (locations, food, gifts, etc.)
3. Help with the organization of and activities during the special event
4. Assist in promoting events and encouraging participation in the events
5. Lead the scheduling and planning of a special event
Planning a shower? Download the forms below to check out items and to learn more about policies and procedures: